RE: [GNUnet-developers] speed of gnunet-download

From: jan marco alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] speed of gnunet-download
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:48:38 +0200

Hello Christian,

>Either way, we're aware of the problem & working on a good solution.

I am very happy to hear that you are aware of this problem and working on a
good solution ---) I think it will be a critical success factor for the
acceptance of Gnunet.

Freenet uses Java interpreter language as engine. Gnunet uses C (compiled
source code) as engine.

It is very reasonable for me that the speed of Gnunet should be as good or
better then Freenet on the same Internet node.

This weekend I will gather some benchmark performance data from my freenet
Linux (ADSL) node,

Greetings Jan Marco