Re: [GNUnet-developers] sizeof HELO Message wrong

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] sizeof HELO Message wrong
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:25:07 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 17:06 schrieb Glenn McGratj:
> I recieved this in debian bug tracking system
>
> Starting GNUnetd: sizeof HELO Message wrong! (560 != 556)__BREAK__ at
> logging.c:226
>
> Its from using the debian package which is v0.4.5a built with the
> internal libgcrypt.

You mean 0.5.4a, right?

> I vagually remember something like this being discussed before, but cant
> rmeember the details, anyone knowwhy this would occur ?

Hmm. Best reason I can see would be the compiler doing 64-bit alignment. But
if they are using a binary package that works on other systems, I'll declare
myself puzzled. The check just tests if the compiler packed the struct the
way we expect it to, which is without any holes.

Christian