Re: [GNUnet-developers] [continued] insert - delete tests

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [continued] insert - delete tests
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:37:09 -0500

Thanks for the numbers Eric, I had planned to look into why gnunet-delete is
so slow, but your numbers show that it's just the DB. About the fast download
when the file is present -- GNUnet does not have to download blocks again if
they are already there. If the entire file is present, gnunet-download just
runs a check if it is really exactly the file and does not send a single
request to gnunetd (!). It's essentially an extreme case of a download that
is resumed. That's one of the really cool things about our encoding (and one
of the reasons why the code also get's a big complicated).

Christian