Re: [GNUnet-developers] Faster (sequential ) inserting of records in MyS

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Faster (sequential ) inserting of records in MySQL.
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 18:42:17 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Jan Marco Alkema wrote:

> /* It turns out that for bulk inserts, for MySQL the "LOAD DATA" statement
> is by far the fastest method. In tests, it was about 5 times faster than
> INSERTs with multiple VALUE lists.
> Maybe the use of the "LOAD DATA" command (+ Unixsocket) can speed up gnunet?

Maybe it could. There's only one slightly problematic issue with this
that I can think of: lack of reliability in a trivial solution. On the
other hand, if we allow for the situation where inserted blocks
are not immediately available for requesting and accept that in the
case of crash some fresh blocks can get lost, then its rather
straightforward to implement the batch inserting, and goes
similarly to what Iceman outlined there.

Any implementation that'd handle the two cases would probably
be a bit tedious to code.

Igor