Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reproduceable failure

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reproduceable failure
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:18:30 +1000

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:30:26 +0300 (EEST)
Igor Wronsky <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Tracy R Reed wrote:
>
> > My gnunetd dies quite regularly. It won't run for more than an hour
> > or two.
> > Mar 31 04:52:42 FATAL: Bad file descriptor in select. Please report
> > if you know how to reproduce this. (see Mantis #381)
> > Mar 31 04:52:42 __BREAK__
>
> /Time for truth (rant-time!)/
>
> Acknowledged and experienced. In addition my gnunetd dies even
> more regularly by "Killed", because the task ate too much memory
> for the kernel's liking. Consequently, I'm not running gnunetd
> at the moment.

I havent experienced such problems, but i only bring up my server every
now and again, bandwidth usage still concerns me.

> Can't help you. Can't help even myself. If the problems do
> not go away either by Debian fixing some of their packages
> (haven't been even able to trace which) or other gnunet
> developers accidentally fixing it back to behaving nice,
> there will be one (useless/minor) developer less.

Feel free to complain to me about debian not doing the right thing, if i
cant help i can pass it on to the right person :)

The semaphore.h header file problem you mentioned is resolved now isnt
it, other problems ?

I will see if i can track down any memory leaks using dmalloc.

Glenn