Re: [GNUnet-developers] coding style, indent

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] coding style, indent
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:00:50 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> Whatever style is used i think consistency is important, its more what
> people are used to rather than one style being any better or worse than
> others.
> Indent can help make it consistent, and perhaps more readable.

My opinion is that style is not among the most important
problems gnunet is facing. Let me rephrase. Suppose we
have a well-documented project with reasonably readable
code. This sounds to me quite like the current status.
Yet the end result is not too popular. There are
systems that are immensely popular with bad or no
documentation at all and binary distributions only. I conclude
that the primary directions for improvement must lie elsewhere.

Where?

I don't know. If anyone has any views on this, I, atleast,
would be interested to hear. :)

Igor

ps. I don't say that style and/or consistent coding is
not important, I'm saying that if there is capability
and/or resources for doing any single thing more useful,
that would be the preferred way to go imo.