[GNUnet-developers] Helo's in database?

From: Jan Marco Alkema
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Helo's in database?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:10:00 -0800

Hello Christian, Igor,

>   mtu = transportGetMTU(tsession->ttype);
>   buffer = MALLOC(mtu);
>+  /* FIXME: this call literally burns a ton of CPU time.
>+     We should *cache* all the HELOs that *we* create and
>+     update the cache periodically (since the expiration time
>+     changes). Then we should just return cached HELOs from
>+     the cache instead of re-signing all the time. */
>   heloEnd = getAdvertisedHELOs(mtu - sizeof(PINGPONG_Message),
>                              buffer);

Could the HELOs not be stored in a MySQL database? I know that good
"database management systems" put often asked query's in memory.

I believe in the "compliance thing": Give users the ability to
enable/disable MySQL for storing HELOs (option in gnunet.conf). If users
find it better to use MySQL the will turn it on.

Greetings Jan Marco