RE: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/Service/three structure/gnunet.conf

From: Jan Marco Alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/Service/three structure/gnunet.conf
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:39:33 -0800

Hello Krista,

First I have some information of www.grub.org mail list:

http://www.phpbb.com

>Hi,

>The problem is that I'm not running the windows-client...
>(linux version).
>
>On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Igor Stojanovski wrote:

>> Folkert,
>>
>> The current Windows client has a scheduler that you can use to set
>> your client to crawl whenever you want it to.  The time increments
>> for controling the crawl time is 15 minutes.  Therefore, you could
>> set the client to crawl no more than 15 minutes.
>> I hope this was helpful.

Reading above I assume that focus on Java first will be better, because it
is more platform independent.

There are two ways to 'use' source from others:
1)      Look at the source code (from some company) and change it so much you
can
't trace it to the original source code.
2)      Make changes (patch files) on the original source code. The end user
automatically retrieves the original copy write prohibited source code form
some peer on the Internet and the patches on the code from a depot server.
Programmers who make the patches will have the copy right of the patches --)

N.B. In x years all executable code can be decompiled to source and visa
versa like Java.

>Please do not expect assistance, discussion, or distribution of this code
on our part.

Richard and Bastiaan have more than enough knowledge to make the Java
client.

If I have some time I install a foonsearch bulletin board on
www.foonsearch.com for discussion on the Java client.

I hope I get my DVD (DVD-(R)W and DVD+(R)W format) rewriter today. I will
install it in my Linux server. Burning DVD's over the Internet is a good
challenge for a file sharing like gnuent,

Greetings Jan Marco