Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] how fast should gnunet be?

From: Jason Gilbert
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] how fast should gnunet be?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:52:40 -0500

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 09:54:30PM -0500, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> On Thursday 29 August 2002 05:22 pm, Christian Drechsler wrote:
> > were running several days. (well, ok, there was this "0 connected
> > hosts"-stuff (see below), so maybe there was no host available half of the
> > time. X-) )
>
> The 0 connected problem has been reported but could not be reproduced,
> especially not when we tried to debug it. Any information on how to reliably
> (and quickly if possible) reproduce it will be appreciated.

I've seen this problem as well.  Just haven't had a chance to try and look into
it.  The only info I have so far is that I'm behind a NAT'd firewall w/ port
forwarding configured.  The firewall box has a static IP so I have my IP
configured in gnunet.conf.  Changing HELOEXPIRES in my gnunet.conf config
appears to affect the amount of time it takes for me to drop to 0 connected
hosts.  When logging is turned up I seem to remember that there were messages
like every second or so saying that the IP had changed and trying to start new
sessions.  I would think this causes other nodes to eventually start ignoring me
Maybe it's comparing my machines IP w/ the IP in the config, which will, of
course, always be different in this setup.

Maybe I'll get some time to look at it this weekend.

jason

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein