Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: Config file parsing

From: Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: Config file parsing
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:35:14 -0500

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:00:51AM -0500, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Let's assume for a moment that it would be nice for GNUnet to be
> pluggable against OpenSSL or alternatively gnutls. If that is true,
> I would think that the same applies to many other projects. Some of
> these other projects will face the same issue that they are using
> OpenSSL's ANS1 functions to parse a configuration file.
>
> Thus I would suggest to write an API layer that encapsulates both,
> the configuration and the encryption functionality of OpenSSL and
> that alternatively maps it entirely to OpenSSL or to gnutls and
> if needed some configuration parser.

There may be something of an intersection between what you propose and a
project that Andrew MacDonald has undertaken:

http://mcdonald.org.uk/andrew/gnutls/

He has a shim that "translates" OpenSSL function calls to GNU TLS
function calls, and reportedly has lynx, slrn, and wget working with
this shim.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.