[GNUnet-developers] caching proxy type data storage

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] caching proxy type data storage
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:38:19 +1000

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:48:53 +0300 (EEST)
"Igor Wronsky" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> > gdbm failed on lseek!? How can that happen? 4GB database? :-).
>
> Dunno. Thats, nevertheless, the last thing gnunetd (or libgdbm,
> actually) croaked before sweet oblivion. Might very well be
> due to the database being somehow corrupted. If this problem
> reoccurs, I'll try to make a stub to iterate through the
> keys to see if the lib crashes on one of them.

GNUnet faces similar problems in storing data as a caching proxy

Last time i looked squid gave a choive of 3 different file systems to
store the data it retrieved, maybe GNUnet could get some ideas from them,
im sure they have reasons for not using a traditional database.

Glenn