[GNUnet-developers] Re: dynamic IP and masquerading

From: David Hansen
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: dynamic IP and masquerading
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:28:32 +0200

On Sun, Jun 16 at 23:41 Christian Grothoff wrote:
> On Sunday 16 June 2002 03:51 pm, you wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 16 at 22:22 Christian Grothoff wrote:
> > But the *external* IP of the NAT box changes every 24h. So i think i
> > have to edit the IP option in gnunet.conf every 24h and restart, or is
> > there another way?
>
> Aha. Na das ist einmal eine Konfiguration die ich nocht nicht gesehen
> habe... Nun, in dem Fall ist vmtl. die einzige Loesung wirklich einen DNS
> lookup in gnunetd durchzufuehren. src/server/identity.c::getAddress ist die
> Stelle die geaendert werden muss:
>
>     inet_aton(ipString,&sockInfo);
>     memcpy(&identity->senderIP,((struct in_addr*)&sockInfo),
>            sizeof(struct in_addr));
>
> Ich hab erst noch ein paar andere Sachen vor, werde mich aber vmtl. naechste
> Woche darum kuemmern (wenn ich nicht vorher einen Patch bekomme :-)

OK... i wrote a patch for todays CVS. With this patch applied you can
set the IP in gnunet.conf to a hostname (eg IP = mybox.dyndns.org).

It's the first time i use diff/patch, so i hope i've done it right ;) I
created the patch with

  LC_ALL=C TZ=UTC0 diff -Naur <cvs dir> <dir with my changes> > patch

In your GNUnet directory

  patch -p1 < patch

should work.

Sorry for the german but it's not really worth to translate it.

David