Re: [GNUnet-developers] debian packages

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] debian packages
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:52:14 +0200

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 10:35:17AM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> This was discused recently, and i agree with you completely, however it
> isnt seen as a problem here.
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnunet-developers/2002-May/000095.html
>
> This issue is the only reason why im hesitant to take responsibility for a
> debian package of GNUnet.

I don't have problem taking responsability of a debian package because
of a license violation, but I can't send it to Debian's official archive
untill this is solved. I'm afraid i don't have time to port it to gnutls,
sorry.

> > The other (minor) problem is that the autoconf/automake stuff is not
> > pregenerated, and building it in the package is problematic for
> > building-dependencies, manual cleaning and packaging utilities
> > differring generated files. could you distribute it with autogen.sh
> > already run?
> >
> I dont see that as a problem, it only has to build-depend on autoconf-2.13
> i think.

When building the package, maintainance tools differ the upstream tarball
with the actual tree but fail because the tree after ./autogen.sh contains
simlinks which diff rejects.

The clean target is run before differing to avoid this, but the simlinks
and misc stuff generated by autogen.sh isn't cleaned because clean
rules are not meant to clean that kind of files.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992