[GNUnet-developers] Just my 2 ct

From: Thomas Formella
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Just my 2 ct
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:37:12 +0200

I recently learned about the GNUnet project. I'm impressed, how fast GNUnet is improving, compared with the current state of freenet after two years of development.

However, when it comes to p2p networking, everybody seems to think about filesharing ala gnutella, napster etc.

May I can lead your eye to an excellent editorial by Eric Ries, how to integrate a p2p network into the global www architecture:
http://wfw.sourceforge.net

Replace 'FreeNet' with 'GNUnet' in the above content, induct a new top level domain '.gnunet' to access 'net hosted' files or webpages like 'MyFile.gnunet' or 'MyHomepage.gnunet' through your browser, an easy way to publish contents (unlike FreeNet) and you will see that there are far more opportunities for GNUnet, than to become the 123rd p2p filesharing protocol ;-)

Thanks for your time, just my 2 ct...
Thomas