Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: Round 1

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: Round 1
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:31:58 +0000

> > getting the stats out of /proc/loadavg? BSD fortunatly has a getloadavg()
> > system call, which I'm multiplying by 100 and returning the value of. If
> > that is returning the right value then I think we're ok. Thanks for the
> > help.

Actually, linux has a getloadavg() as well, though you have to define
either _BSD_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE to use it. From the man page:

    The getloadavg function returns the number of processes in
    the system run queue  averaged  over  various  periods  of
    time.   Up  to nelem samples are retrieved and assigned to
    successive elements of loadavg[].  The  system imposes  a
    maximum  of 3 samples, representing averages over the last
    1, 5, and 15 minutes, respectively.

--
GnuPG fingerprint AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400
James Blackwell  --  Director http://www.linuxguru.net