gnumed-devel

Re: Thank you for a great piece of software

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Thank you for a great piece of software
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 14:26:04 +0200

Am Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 12:21:38PM +0200 schrieb lennart.reuther@gmail.com:

> privacy supporting way, running on a Linux system and without spreading
> records to multiple cloud providers.

Rest assured there's no intent of data going off-premises
ever, unless desired and intentionally thusly configured by
the user (say, by running the database off-site).

> What we want to look deeper into in the future:
>
> - creating correspondence letters directly out of GNUmed (currently
> that is blocked by calling 'vim' as external editor somehow rofl)

That is likely to be a minor system configuration issue if
one knows where to look.

If you describe the exact steps you tried in order to create
correspondence from within GNUmed - or else exactly what you
want to happen how - it is probably fairly easy to find.

A shot in the dark: the mailcap file (and/or the system
settings) for mimetypes text/plain and/or text/latex (or
similar) are configured to call vim. A --debug log of GNUmed
will have records of what's going on.

> - checking x-rays via the dicom viewer (somehow, currently, we can only
> open separate files, but don't get a picutre sliding to work).

GNUmed as such does not offer a DICOM *viewer*. It does offer
browsing the Orthanc PACS. Orthanc itself offers various
levels of viewing DICOM files which may or may not be more
suitable to your needs.

Also there's a number of dedicated DICOM viewers out there
which can be installed alongside GNUmed and be used for
viewing studies in a more convenient way.

If you find one that works for you we can check out whether
that can be accessed conveniently from within GNUmed (likely,
if possible, by selecting a patient or study from within
GNUmed and telling the DICOM viewer to access that).

Most of them will have the capability to read in a DICOM data
store (say, a CD-ROM) and we can dump from Orthanc into a
directory the studi(es) one is interested in, alongside with
an appropriate DICOMDIR file, and invoke the viewer on that.
In the worst case one would need to manually tell the viewer
to load from the respective directory/DICOMDIR using the
viewers menu system.

> Again, thanks for the great work and the endurance with which GNUmed
> was/is developed over the last decades.

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B