gnuit-dev

[gnuit-dev] gnuit-4.9.4: make install-strip fixes

From: James Rowe
Subject: [gnuit-dev] gnuit-4.9.4: make install-strip fixes
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:44:29 +0100

Hi,

  make install-strip fails because of improper use of INSTALL_PROGRAM,
which causes install-sh to attempt to strip text files.  The attached
patch fixes this.

  I've changed the calls in the install hooks, even though it seems more
correct to, for example, use `pkgdata_DATA = dpkg-help.txt'.  I can't
get my head around the need for renaming git.transition at install time
which makes that hook at least useful, so I suspect I'm missing something
important.

Thanks,

James