Re: GNU Herds mockup

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: GNU Herds mockup
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 17:20:55 -0400

Davi Leal wrote:

Let us know any bug, comment, etc. The more critical the better!

See my attached screenshot. Everything I have covered in green should not be shown, either where it is now, or at all.

Don't put the list of languages at the top, but them at the bottom.

Put the AGPL logo at the bottom.

Remove the login box entirely -- instead, prompt the user to login when it is needed.

Do not have four links for registration. Do not have one. When the user needs to register, let them register, and give them LESS options, not more.

The menu on the side should be along the bottom.

The email contact should be along the bottom of the page, not the content.

If there are no job offers, don't show any.

If there are no volunteer position don't show any.

The site gives NO clue as to what it is or why it exists.

What is a 'free software association' -- explain in terms people will understand.

Positive feedback:

http://gnuherds.org/themes/red_Danijel/images/donations.png

These icons are nice -- why aren't they on your homepage?

PNG image