Re: Integrated micro-donations -- Importance

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Integrated micro-donations -- Importance
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:26:37 +0100

John Sennesael wrote:
> I had a brief conversation with Davi about the integration of a micro
> donation system into the GNU Herds application.  Currently I am the
> server administrator of a project that has such a system in place.

> Importance of the integrated donation feature:
>
>  * An integrated donation feature would enable users to deposit any
>    given amount of money into a virtual account, and spread it over
>    any number of projects in any amount. This makes it possible to
>    donate small amounts without having the money eaten up in fees
>    by banks of services such as PayPal.
>
>    One could argue that it also lowers the psychological barrier of
>    actually donating to a project, as no complicated procedures are
>    required to donate to each separate projects. (Only have to log
>    into PayPal or the bank account once, as opposed to once for each
>    donation to each project.)

I agree about the importance of this feature.

Legal side:
  Gabriel has confirmed that, if the managers-owners of the GNU Herds
  actual bank account will not get any profit for such activity, it
  is legal to use it to realize such kind of money transfers gateway.

Proposal:
  Think about working out this new feature in the next development
  phase.

Note:
  I will not be the one who manage or own such bank account. It must
  be another guy, to follow distributing the control over the GNU
  Herds project.

  * System administrator and web master team
      http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=198

  * http://gnuherds.org/charter#Decisions
    http://gnuherds.org/charter#Voting