Policy for pushing commits

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Policy for pushing commits
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:48:55 +0100

Amir Mohammad Saied wrote:
> Is there any policy for pushing commits? I mean I've to send the patch
> to you (as I did this time), or to the mailing list?

You can:

  1) send it to the mailing list so anyone interested can take a look,
     and maybe comment about it, or

  2) you can just commit it if you are sure it works.

> Or developers are supposed to have their own branch and then main
> developer would merge changes?

There is only the 'master' branches.

We use to check the patch works before committing it, so only the 'master'
branch is needed. The 'master' branch is the one used at production,
gnuherds.org.

Anyway, if we or you need it we can add branches.

> Or I can go and push trivial commits by my own without sending patches
> around?

If you are sure it works, and you are not interested in knowing what people
think about such patch, then you can just commit it.  That is what I do some
times.