Design vs. usability / functionality focus

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Design vs. usability / functionality focus
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:12:38 +0100

Hi all,

After reading the discussions here the last months, I got a feeling there's been too much focus on design, and not so much on usability and functionality. Usability will be paramount on this site (as almost everywhere else). I suggest we go with a "boring", Googlish style: Being a web developer, I know how easy it is to get carried away with two-column div layouts instead of working on the database schema. But I would very much like to see a usable (even ugly / boring), fast, working site before seeing any more design variants. How about you?

--
Victor Engmark