Re: FAQ improvements

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: FAQ improvements
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:38:19 +0100

Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Proposed improvemnet:
>
>  "For software distributions, they must not include any non-free software (eg
> the firmware BLOBs in Linux), or provide easy access to Non-Free Software,
> even if the default is all Free Software."

Proposed change: replace "provide easy access to" with "automatically
install", else nothing that downloads files is a Free Software
distribution.  For example, OpenBSD provides easy access to Non-Free
Software, so should be Non-Free.

Note also that Debian GNU/Hurd should be a Free Software Distribution,
even if Debian GNU/Linux is not yet.  I'm not sure of the status of
the NetBSD and kFreeBSD flavours and I've not checked this in detail.

Hope that helps,