Re: URI design

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: URI design
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:19:47 +0200

> > > It seems the PATH_INFO design is more clean!.  Are there any other
> > > reason because you prefer PATH_INFO?.  I am not sure what we must do.

[...]

MJ Ray wrote:
> If I have understood it correctly, I'd usually have those two examples
> as  /resume/1  and  /offers/12/edit/N  - that is, I would usually not
> include the parameter keys in the path and decide which value is which
> by its position, similar to how a function call works.

You rock MJ!

Your current proposal does not breaks the URI object oriented analysis which
we have done.

    URI =  Object / parameter's value / parameter's value / ...

It is more clear to the eye than the query string and
it is a lot shorter too!

    /offers?action=edit&id=1&section=skills

    /offers/1/edit/skills

So, I am going to reopen the Savannah task to modify the RewriteRules.
However, first I will finish the development of the "Remove the JavaScript
requirement" task, which is already 70% done for the JobOffer form.

I hope to get the project on line again before 10 days. As usual, any comment
is welcome.

Davi