Re: PHP App Dev for Gnu Herds

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: PHP App Dev for Gnu Herds
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:43:19 +0200

Hi Chris, and welcome!,

Chris Carpita wrote:
> I saw your posting, and I've been looking to contribute some time to an
> open-source project for personal experience.

GNU Herds is a Free Software project.
  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html

* To get CVS access you could join the GNU Herds Savannah project.
  You can follow the steps exposed at:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=153

  Get the source code
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=gnuherds-app

* How to install a development environment
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155

The current proposed roadmap is:

 2. [Victor]: Optimize the organization of the Hacker's Guide
              http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6824

 3. [Victor?]: Use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead of "HTML 4.01 Transitional"
               https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6177
    * This task is rightly defined, and partially completed.
    * Victor have realized a lot of work about this,
      however I am not sure he will able to finish it.
    * There are DIV files which must be reused.
    *** We will have to finish the task (2.) before this one.

 5. [Victor?]: Remove the JavaScript requirement
               * JavaScript as not required addition
               https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6870
    * This task has not totally defined yet.
    * Victor have the ideas about this, but what set of developers
      will carry out it?. I will contribute!

 6. [Klaus]: [New feature]: Import / export of CVs
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6842
    I think we need to talk more about this task with Victor.

 7. [New feature]: [Persistence layer]: Support 'Cursors' and 'Proxies'
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?6867
    * The referenced PDF talks about it.

 N. Set in sync the translations.

You are free to do what you want. An option is just do nothing. Giving
feedback is a way to help too.  The project will get and analyze any tiny
thing you contribute.

You can always take a look even on tasks which are already assigned:
  Tasks: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=gnuherds-app

Let us know if you want to contribute to finish the task 3. Victor and Davi
are the current resources assigned to that task.  If you agree, we will send
you the "HTML 4.01 Transitional" files which must be converted to "HTML 4.01
Strict".

Reference: https://gnuherds.org/development

Best regards,
Davi