gnue-dev

Re: Errors with gnue-designer

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Errors with gnue-designer
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:13:42 +0100

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 25.02.2011, 15:29 -0800 schrieb Randall Whitman:
> Anyone have info on why these lines were commented out?  (~L128 & 158)
> #    self.ui.createStartupSplash()
> #    self.ui.closeStartupSplash()

There were issues in the past that that the splash screen caused some
errors in certain constellations, so maybe this has just been commented
out to avoid these errors. AFAICT, the reason for the errors was within
wx and is fixed meanwhile.

> On a bit of a side note, I see that the splash image,
>   designer/images/splash.png,
> says "version 0.5", an old copyright year, and previous version of
> GPL.
> So updating all that seems to be yet another TODO item for Designer.
> I see splash.png but not .xcf or .svg etc. - does someone have an
> original from which splash.png was exported?

I have no idea, maybe it even was created directly as png.

> Side-side note:  common/images/gnue-old.png  is in common but says
> "Forms".

Yes. Most of the images in common actually should go into forms. This is
something I'll probably change for gnue-forms 0.7.

Thanks,
Reinhard