gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] GNUe web site - broken links + question

From: Matthew Griffin
Subject: [GNUe-dev] GNUe web site - broken links + question
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:15:13 +0100

Hi There

I just found your GNUe web site, and was very impressed by the challenging project you have undertaken - good luck.

You mentioned that the web site was new, and might have problems, so I thought you might like some feedback about link problems I found:

http://www.gnuenterprise.org/packages/packages.php --> not found (from ERP Packages > more...)

Status of ERP packages does not seem to be resolving properly, and shows as:

Status
<$ status ( "dcl" ) >

on each package page, and on the status page.

documentation in the main menu links to --> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/docs/

which shows a nice view of a directory, some link to information, others to empty frames... it wasn't really clear that this was intentional...

also a couple of questions.

You had one screen shot of your system running in the GNOME environment on MAC-OS, but the installation WIKI did not have any instructions on how to install it on the MAC. Is it possible, if so how, if not is it planned? I use fink to install - but you do not seem to have anything on their CVS.

I am an architect (www.deadline.de), and also run a hotel type of business - we rent apartments to people staying for the short term in Berlin, Germany (www.miniloft.com). I so a bit of programming on the side, but am not skilled or knowledgeable enough to contribute to your programming on your project.

I can see the day coming when your system will replace my own filemaker applications which now manage our architecture office, however at the current time, I am trying to set up a good booking system to manage our apartments. There is as far as I can see one tool out there (www.solunas.org) which I am currently testing, but it has a lack of integration in all our other business processes.

I would like to suggest that you consider adding a booking module to your already very long list of things to accomplish! If I can be of assistance in giving feedback from the user perspective on such a project, please contact me. A simple multi user calendar would also be very useful.

Good Luck!

Matthew Griffin