gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Newbie question and a bug report

From: Adrian Maier
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Newbie question and a bug report
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:29:11 +0200

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 03:16:11PM -0600, James Thompson wrote:

> On Thursday 27 January 2005 06:39 am, Adrian Maier wrote:
> > (1)
> > In my form I need to fill :
> > a. the field 'fldFirma'  with the value of the FIRMA column read from the
> > GEN view.
>
> You could move this trigger logic to a PRE-COMMIT so that the value is set
> prior to saving your record.

I've seen that a PRE-COMMIT trigger rewrites those values
after each modification.

Changing the trigger to PRE-INSERT seems to work better for me.
I want the fields to be filled only when inserting the record,
so that the user could change the values if he wants.

> > (2)
> I'll try to look into this soon.  However a better (IMHO) way of doing this
> is
> via a .netrc file in your home directory.

Yes, I totally agree this is a better way  :)

Does the connection name specified in .netrc override the one
specified in the gfd file ( <datasource .. connection="" ..> )  ?

Thank you,
Adrian Maier