gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Newbie question and a bug report

From: James Thompson
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Newbie question and a bug report
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:16:11 -0600

On Thursday 27 January 2005 06:39 am, Adrian Maier wrote:
> (1)
> In my form I need to fill :
> a. the field 'fldFirma'  with the value of the FIRMA column read from the
> GEN view.

You could move this trigger logic to a PRE-COMMIT so that the value is set
prior to saving your record.

if not blkPlan.isEmpty():

> b. the field 'fldLimba'  with the string 'ROM'.

fields support a default="ROM" value in the gfd.  There is also a default
value for queries.

> (2)
> I have noticed that the --username and --pasword command line options
> of GNUe Forms are not functional. If I run the form like this:
>
>  gfcvs --username maier_ctb --password ctb plan.gfd

I'll try to look into this soon.  However a better (IMHO) way of doing this is
via a .netrc file in your home directory.

machine 'gnue://gnueDatasourceName/'
login 'myUserName'
password 'MyPassword'

Using netrc files prevents the username/password from being visible via ps aux
(on *nix boxes).  It's also very handy for running gnue-common based scripts
or gnue-reports from a crontab.

If you need more help please let me know.

Take Care,
James