gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Proposal for ITEM package

From: kilo
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Proposal for ITEM package
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:35:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi

recently I've committed a stripped-down version of item.gcd
to gnue-packages/base/item.
It represents an ITEM, the basic atomic element for any
financial,
manufacturing, sales, supply chain, etc. part of an ERP.
It is very very much stripped down at the moment, and I
would like to ask
everyone to share your thoughts about what it should also
contain.

As I envision this thing, I can think of:

* price info more complex (base qty, min qty, max qty, min
amount, max amount)
* lot ifentification (lot number, expiry date)
* commodity classification (nature, cargo type, code)
* hazardous item info
* tax category / categories?
* origin country
* sales conditions