gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Parameter-Requesting From for Reports / GNUe Navigator

From: Johannes Vetter
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Parameter-Requesting From for Reports / GNUe Navigator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:51:20 +0200

Hi Jason,

> Actually, parameters do support such a thing in their markup. A <parameter>
> tag can specify a source="datasourceName" tag, which was to generate a
> dropdown on the parameter popup form.

I've seen this attribute of the parameter-tag, but still we need more.
like 'fk_key', 'fk_description'. Or should this be 'name' and
'description' attributes ? Besides this we might want to add another
flag to describe wether it should become a dropdown or some other kind
of 'lookup', i.e. if the referenced source is very large, we don't want
a dropdown with about 30000 entries. What do you think about ?

Thanks,
Johannes