gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] geas2gsd

From: Johannes Vetter
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] geas2gsd
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:34:19 +0200

Hi José,

such a tool has been there for a long while; it's called "gnue-gsdgen".
This tool creates GNUe Schema Definitions (.gsd files) from the
appserver's internal gnue_* structure. It takes an arbitrary number of
module-names and classnames as argument and creats a gsd-file optionally
including schema-information, data-information or both.

I've posted the new versions of gnue-schema and gnue-gcd2sql yesterday.
These tools can now communicate with the backend directly so creating
and updating schema- and classrepository-information should be straigth
forward now.

Probably I'll create a tool for creating gsd-data-dumps of arbitrary
datatables from the backend after my holidays (which start on thursday),
but this seems to introduce another bunch of 'sort-problems' (regarding
constraints and the like).

Best regards,
Johannes Vetter