gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] GCD samples

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] GCD samples
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:46:53 -0700

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 10:06, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> Hi, Jason!
>
> Am Sam, den 12.06.2004 schrieb Jason Cater um 18:59:
> >     <property name="code"  type="string(3)"    ...>
> >
> > Why have type= be a composite attribute, instead of having two separate
> > attributes: type="string" size="3" ?
>
> Acutally, both ways work. While the seperate type and size tags are
> certainly the "clean" way, we found the string(3) approach much easier
> if you *hand* *author* the gcd's in an editor.

This makes virtually no sense to me.  If you want "easy" to hand edit,
why on earth use XML at all?  Seems silly to choose a format (xml) that
allows to describe data in certain way.  Then circumvent that very way
in order to make it easy to hand write files.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: