gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Some questions about Introspection

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Some questions about Introspection
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:32:49 +0200

Am Die, den 08.06.2004 schrieb Jason Cater um 21:50:
> I don't see how the Introspection and Creation are related as far as
> implementation or shared code goes.

We had this idea of providing a function that accepts a "should-be"
description of the db schema, and changes the current state into the
should-be state.

That is, this function would first compare the wanted schema with the
existing schema and then decide which tables have to be added, which
tables have to be extended etc.

Of course, we could also put this logic on top of the Creation and
Introspection modules, as a separate layer.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project