gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Introduction

From: Bajusz Tamás
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Introduction
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:34:48 +0200

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:23:29 -0400
Jeff LaMarche <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do you have anything done on the HR part yet? I wasn't able to find
> documentation or downloads for the HR applications on the Gnu-E
> website.

Yes and no.

Yes. We (kilo and me) started to convert our old payroll/tax app
into gnue. First we created some UML class diagrams with Dia, and we have
a conversion script to convert the old meta-database to .gsd files and
data from .dbf to Firebird. It's all for little/medium companies and
very specific for Hungary. (All in hungarian language.)

No. Gnue has no packages yet.

As i know, nobody started to write a HR proposal or started a conversation
about this
on the gnue lists. I don't know nothing how this is in US or other countries.
What i know, this is far not standardized than double entry bookkeeping or
likes.
In EU there is no common directive/rule about this. Every country can do it
in hes own way. (I mean payroll/personal tax/insurance etc.)

Bajusz Tamás