gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] unicode error

From: chafar
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] unicode error
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:20:51 +0200

Hello.

El lun, may 31, a las 22:42:01 Reinhard Mueller escribía:
> Am Mon, den 31.05.2004 schrieb Reinhard Mueller um 22:35:
> > This comes from improperly handeled exceptions. You may regard this as a
> > bug in gnue-forms.
> >
> > It can be fixed by deriving exceptions from gException instead of
> > Exception. I'll fix it for this one.
>
> In fact, this specific case was not an exception but a translated string
> with parameters:
>
> _("foo %s") % value
>
> breaks, if "value" is of unicode type and contains non-ascii characters.

? I thought that was if translated "foo ..." contains non-ascii chars.

> The solution is to change it into
>
> u_("foo %s") % value

If this is solid, and the problem includes the translation in addition
to the value, I wonder if I could help. I've 'grepped' gnue-common
sources and found a good number of occurrences, but I wonder if anyone
can do the job of receiving my sources, validating them and updating,
and if this job isn't more time expensive than doing the changes.

Greetings.
--
José Esteban
Granada - Spain