gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] Switch to Subversion, Some Numbers.

From: Joost Helberg
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] Switch to Subversion, Some Numbers.
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:26:05 +0100 (CET)

Warren,

>Warren Turkal <address@hidden> wrote about `Re: [GNUe-dev] Switch to
>Subversion, Some Numbers.' on Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 04:42:34 -0600
> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 06:58 am, Jan Ischebeck wrote:
> > Today I downloaded the cvs copy from savannah and used cvs2svn to
> > As someone pointed out yesterday in IRC, it would be ok if we just start
> > a new repository and don't care for the history. That would be fine in
> > terms of repository size.
> >
> > So please provide feedback, as we need a running and usable version as
> > soon as possible.
>
> You prooly shouldn't do that. The history is important. No one should really
> need to checkout the full repository as that would get all the branches and
> everything.

I agree, you should never throw away historical information. It's not
only important for checking out old bug-fixes and diagnose-strategies,
but also for Project Figures, one needs the update-history to be
correct. You never know what type of information you need in the future.

Regards,

Joost Helberg, CTO Snow B.V.

--
Joost Helberg