gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] New Branch and Unicode patches

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: [GNUe-dev] New Branch and Unicode patches
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:21:50 +0200

Hi Jason,

as you will see, I did commit the unicode changes to your newly created
branch. Please feel free to change or even unpatch.

I did the following:
    add _encoding parameter to GConnection base class (created a dummy)
    add _unicodeMode parameter to GDataObject base class.
    update toSQLString to actual cvs version (DBSIG2 driver)
    update _loadNextRecord to be able to produce unicode (DBSIG2)
    change postgresql Base driver to set encoding depending on db
       encoding
    update appserver dbdriver

DBSIG2, postgresql and appserver are now up to date as of todays cvs
head. I haven't touched mysql etc., as they are not completely updated
to the new scheme. Because of the new structure I moved the encoding
parameter to GConnection (was GDataObject._databaseEncoding), which
should be the only change to cvs HEAD.

The new structure looks great.

Just two questions:

  1. is it possible to make all drivers call a default encoding method?
F.e. make postgresql Connection class call DBSIG2.connect method first.
That would help parsing standard connection parameters like "encoding".
I dunno if it is possible to use the __init__ call instead of the
connect call.

  2. Could we add a "close" method to the connection object, as that
would be needed for appserver to allow to open one connection per
session (i.e. better support for commit/rollback)

--
Jan Ischebeck <address@hidden>