gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] debian stuff

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] debian stuff
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 01:00:31 -0500

There are generally 3 options for installation:

1. The prepackaged route:  We have .debs available for unstable
   (but not woody, at the moment.) Some people have reported
   issues with these, so they might not be too useful at the
   moment.

   These can be retrieved using:
      deb http://people.debian.org/~jbailey gnue sid

2. The release tarballs: You can untar the release tarballs, then run

    $ python setup.py install

  To install into a specific location, I think you can do:

    $ python setup.py --skip-tests --prefix=debian/gnue install

   Or, if that doesn't work, modify setup.cfg*, then run setup.py

3. If you are using the CVS version, then I highly recommend
   running ./setup-cvs.py in the cvs root directory.  It installs
   a per-user development version.  It asks a few questions, but
   only has to be run once.

--
Jason Cater
GNU Enterprise