gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] .gfd i18n (internationalisation)

From: John Lenton
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] .gfd i18n (internationalisation)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:17:40 -0300

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:37:43AM +0300, Arturas wrote:
> Possible solution would be the following. We could add section
> <translations language="">....</translations> (or something like
> that) to .gfd file. Every label (string) from .gfd form would be
> looked up in this section (something like <string id="bla bla in
> English">translation here in German</string> for example). If string
> in <translations> is found, according translation would be loaded
> from this section. Then label would be displayed on a screen.
> However, this solution probably is not the best solution, so please,
> criticise it! :)

The way I'd *expect* it to work is this:

   <label lang='en' text='blahdiblah'>
   <label lang='es' text='bla bla bla'>

but that's probably just my docbook showing. Oh, and XHTML. Oh, and
... well, a couple more that I just happen to have used.

--
John Lenton (address@hidden) -- Random fortune:
"It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue."