gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Cache in Common

From: James Thompson
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Cache in Common
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:27:53 -0600 (CST)

As Jason mentioned this is pretty much correct.  I didn't mean to imply in
IRC that we would require a max dirty cache record count, only that we
needed to take into account how dirty records would be handled by the
cache.  As for when to implement....If you feel this is something
important that is holder back appserver then I am ok with seeing it
implemented at this time.  I have some forms where this new cache would be
nice.  However I'm also concerned about common's database stability.
Common itself has become fairly static over the last few releases, thus
the 0.4.4 release vs a 0.5.0 release.  We simply don't have new features
that would suggest a jump to 0.5.  This cache improvement along with a few
others I've got on my todo may be enough to justify a 0.5.0 release.
What if we....

1. Continue to use the misnamed common-0-4-1-branch for the upcomming
releases.

2. Allow Jan (if he so desires) to start implementing the new cache setup
in head.  Since the changes will be transparent to the applicatoins it
should be trival to switch between the two versions for testing purposes.

Is this reasonable?

Take Care,
James