gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Appserver/Common Issues

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Appserver/Common Issues
Date: 22 Nov 2002 15:12:33 +0100

Hello, Stan,

Am Mit, 2002-11-20 um 22.51 schrieb Stanley A. Klein:
> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  For your example you would have two
> gfd files, one for those who are allowed access to the prices and one for
> those who are not allowed access to the prices.  If the various other parts
> of the form are the same for both users, the non-price parts could be in
> one file for inclusion and the price display part in another file.  Then,
> the two gfd files would be made up by "including" the non-price part in one
> and the price and non-price parts in the other.

I think that I understood this. However, the issue I see here is the
following:

Consider we have the "final" GNUe Application, where we have about 20
forms and 50 reports showing the purchase price. I install that to a
customer and the customer tells me to make purchase prices invisible to
certain users. So i would have to change 20 GFD's and 50 GRD's.
The next update then would probably break it again.

Thanks,
Reinhard

--
Reinhard Mueller