gnue-dev

RE: [Gnue-dev] Issues trying to learn how to use GNUe tools

From: Robert Jenkins
Subject: RE: [Gnue-dev] Issues trying to learn how to use GNUe tools
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:27:19 +0100

Hi Stanley,

I've been studying Designer for a while also; it seems to have a lot of
capabilities that are not obvious, but also a few missing functions (or
at least I can't find ways of making some things work).

The bits I have figured out that are relevent to your questions:

If you click a button on the toolbar, you then need to click & drag on
the form to set the location and size of the widget.

It seems that you can directly drag widgets about after placement,
either individually or in groups, but not re-size by dragging so far.

Some things such as blocks don't seem to be visible, but exist and have
properties.
Others such as dropdowns don't seem to work yet.

The only way I've found of editing some items is to select 'object
navigator' from the Tools menu, then double-click an item in that to get
it's properties. The object navigator gives a tree view of the complete
form structure with all items on it, & is an excellent feature!

(Note: I'm using the Windows 0.4.0 version; I assume the Linux version
functions in a similar manner).

Regards,

Robert A. Jenkins,
JRW.