gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] urgent abt Oracle 9i + GNUe

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] urgent abt Oracle 9i + GNUe
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:22:14 -0500

Pradhap,

Greetings.

You will need to install DCOracle2 (a Python Oracle driver) on your
Debian
machine in order to access Oracle. This can be obtained from:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2/DCOracle2-1.2.tgz

Untar this file and run "python setup.py".  Be sure your $ORACLE_HOME
variable is properly set.  Also, on my setup, I have needed:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib

at some point in the past. I don't think this had to be set on my most
recent upgrade, though.

This will, of course, require the Oracle OCI8 client libraries on the
Debian machine.

-- Jason