gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] CVS branch for 0.3.x patches

From: Jason Cater
Subject: [Gnue-dev] CVS branch for 0.3.x patches
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:02:40 -0500

GNUe's CVS tree has been branched for patches against the 0.3.x releases.
HEAD may no longer be considered "stable" (i.e., expect it to break soon),
so if you are wanting to follow the stable branch, you will want to check
it out and update against it.

We have created three branches:

  common-0-3-patches  (For the gnue/common/ section)
  forms-0-3-patches  (For the gnue/forms/ section)
  designer-0-3-patches  (For the gnue/designer/ section)

To access our branches, follow these steps:

First, set your CVS ROOT. If you are checking out anonymously, then:

  $ CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnue
  $ export CVSROOT
  $ cvs login
     CVS password: **Password is left blank

If you have a development account, then:

  $ CVSROOT=:ext:<insert your login here>@subversions.gnu.org:/home/cvs
  $ export CVSROOT

Now, check out a fresh version of the tree and update it against the patch
branch.

  $ cvs co -d gnue-0.3 gnue
  $ cd gnue-0.3/common
  $ cvs update -r common-0-3-patches
  $ cd ../forms
  $ cvs update -r forms-0-3-patches
  $ cd ../designer/
  $ cvs update -r designer-0-3-patches
  $ cd ..

This creates a gnue-0.3 directory that is separate from the normal gnue/
directory. Next, you will want to run the setup-cvs.py script to install
the CVS version of the tools.

  $ ./setup-cvs.py

When prompted for:
    String to append to script names:
enter "-0.3"  (without the quotes).

At this point, you have a CVS copy of the 0.3 branch. You can run the CVS
version of the commands as:

  ~/bin/gfcvs-0.3
  ~/bin/gfdes-0.3

If you have CVS HEAD also installed, those commands will still work and
are accessed as:

  ~/bin/gfcvs
  ~/bin/gfdes

If you create patches against this "stable" branch, be sure to note that
in your email (e.g., state, "This patch was created against the 0.3
branch").

Note: I am no CVS expert.  The above worked for me, but may not be the
most efficient method.

-- Jason