gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] many problems with forms.

From: Aditya Gilra
Subject: [Gnue-dev] many problems with forms.
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

||Shriharih||

God-remembrance.

We're implementing a production system in India. We
face the following problems.
Please advise if the same has been implemented. If
not, how should we implement
them becuase without these, it is very difficult to
make a production system.

1. Absolutely no way we can refresh the list of values
in a dropdown

2. In India we use the date format dd/mm/yy. If we
change the format in
GFDisplayHandler.py to "%d/%m/%y" at 2 places, we
still need to type in mm/dd/yy
format after which on focus out, the format changes to
dd/mm/yy. How do we
ensure that it accepts the dd/mm/yy format while
typing. Can this be taken from
the locale?

3. On pressing tab or on pressing a button, focus does
not reach the button but
remains on the entry itself.

4. How to specify conditions in datasources? Common
seems to have support for
conditions. It seems possible to use that
functionality in triggers. Is there
any documentation on the syntax. Why not the same in
the datasource tag?

5. How long before we can get conditions and triggers
in reports? How
difficult/easy (number of days) to hack reports for
the functionality.

6. Any developer docs?

Best Regards & God-Remembrance,
Aditya Gilra & Raghav Mittal.