gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] a 'better' patch

From: Marcos Dione
Subject: [Gnue-dev] a 'better' patch
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:17:51 -0300

  this version of the patch adds mainmenubar, maintoolbar and the new
widget: scrollbox. it's better in the sense that it has been updated
to the new _createWidget api. so, it can be safely applied to the
actual cvs version (it was made against yesterday cvs).

  about scrollwidget: this one has the ability of containing widgets.
which means that widgets declared inside <scrollbox> tags will be
drawn *inside* the scrollbox (as one would expect). another deatil is
that the coordinates (attrs x and y) of the widgets declared inside
the scrollbox are relative to the scrollbox left upper corner, and not
the window's one. this is related to the fact that scrollbox is
declared as 'container'

  in a chat session with jamest, I suggested him to make <box> a
container as well. this would not break any existing code (box cannot
have other widgets defined 'inside') and that would allow to make (I
think) more modular forms.

  last, and again, any suggestions are welcome.