gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Problems in DTD [patch]

From: John Lenton
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Problems in DTD [patch]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:30:03 -0300

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 05:05:47PM -0300, John Lenton wrote:
> - boolean parameter-entity reference is misdefined:
>
>     <!ENTITY % boolean "(%true;) #IMPLIED">
>     <!ENTITY % true "">
>
>   which is wrong as well as not being well-formed; you probably wanted
>   something along the lines of
>
>     <!ENTITY % boolean "(%true;|%false;) #IMPLIED">
>     <!ENTITY % true "1">
>     <!ENTITY % false "0">
>
>   the patch fixes this, too; the values for 'true' and 'false' are as
>   above, but they might be wrong (you tell me).

That's wrong, btw. I'm trying to work out what it should be, but
it's definitely not that. Maybe somebody with more XML than I can
tell me if (why) it should be something other than

    <!ENTITY % boolean CDATA #IMPLIED>

?

--
John Lenton (address@hidden) -- Random fortune:
El camino del progreso: Un atajo es la distancia mas larga entre dos puntos.