gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] type (not class) in .gcd files

From: Jens Müller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] type (not class) in .gcd files
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 02:08:50 +0200

Neil Tiffin <address@hidden> writes:

> types are expanded in a way that the type definition disappears and
> the data definitions are inserted directly into the object.  They were
> a shorthand for assuring consistent usage of groups of data
> definitions such that they would be consistent throughout the design
> (by only being defined once.) Therefore if the base design (type) was
> changed it would automatically be changed throughout.

Ouch. When used in an automatic setup, this can be quite difficult to
handle, because we have to find all classes/types which use this
type.

Will be necessary to track where a type definition has been replaced
by the type's fields.

Well, I suppose it will be common policy that fields are not removed
from types also?
--
Please don't CC me on replies!