gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Appserver Documentation

From: Neil Tiffin
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Appserver Documentation
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:35:25 -0400

Am Don, 2002-05-09 um 02.12 schrieb Neil Tiffin:
 I think there is a need to define collections of business objects.
 We went to far with GEAS having inheritance, but I think flat
 business objects are not quite enough.

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly: What's the difference
between a list and a collection?

Since I have not seen the plan for the business objects I may modify my request as the design progresses but here is what I am thinking about.

We have said that business objects will mask the relationship with tables so that there may exist a 1 to many relationship between business objects and tables.

I would like to be able to define a master business object that consists of regular business objects that ultimately relate to various tables. The relationship between master business objects and regular business objects would be many to many.

This allows us to define smaller scale business objects that are related to master business objects but remove the various join details from the GUI.

I think that implementing general inheritance is a bit much.

Maybe there is a better way of doing this.

Neil
address@hidden