gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] GEAS (v2?)

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] GEAS (v2?)
Date: 26 Apr 2002 09:07:31 +0200

Am Fre, 2002-04-26 um 05.08 schrieb Jason M. Felice:
> Is there something that I'm missing, is there a separate list for GEAS?  If
> so, that's what I'm interested in ;-)

All the tools (Forms, Reports, Appserver...) are discussed on this list.

> One question about the .gcd files:  Why are we not using XML?  Just a thing
> that's been bugging me.

We were looking for a file format that's easy to author. Writing XML by
hand is not efficient.

However, as soon as we will have a visual designer, the file format will
be irrelevant. We will probably store the object definitions in the
database and use XML to exchange them.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller